Back to all openings
Project Manager, Design Operations
Fandom powered by Wikia is the world’s largest entertainment fan site. As the fan's voice in entertainment, it's where you can find and share news, commentary, stories, and knowledge on your favorite shows, movies, games and more. Launched in 2006, Fandom currently boasts 360,000+ fan communities and a global audience of over 190 million monthly uniques and growing.
About your role:
We’re looking for a Project Manager to focus on Design Operations at Fandom. We want creative problem solver and great communicator that understand the needs of a fast paced design organization. As a Project Manager on the design team your primary objective is to make the design organization as effective as possible and help the timely delivery of projects that span all aspects of our business. You’ll collaborate with the VP of Design to develop and apply just the right amount of process across UX, Sales, Marketing and Editorial design.
With a strong appreciation for the practice and process of design, you understand the multiple disciplines that go into a successful project. You bring creativity to the operational aspects of a design team and deal with solving the “how”, freeing up your design lead peers to focus on crafting the “what." You will help define how design interacts with cross-functional teams and be an advocate at all times.
- Serve as “right hand" to VP of Design as a source of organized information
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our design process and tools. Including communication structures, repeatable processes and meeting cadences.
- Drive initiatives across the design team that span marketing, editorial, and sales design.
- Provide strategic input on scope, resourcing and sequencing of large bodies of work
- Own the creation and management of high level design timelines with input from design leadership
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
- Ensure pertinent information is communicated and understood by stakeholders and leadership
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects and team utilization and availability
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensure the design process and tools are applied
- Establish team member on-boarding and education programs
- Develop, implement and manage project plans for select high priority projects; create detailed work breakdowns, establish deadlines and communicate key milestones
- Facilitate strategic stakeholder meetings including preparing agendas, keeping conversation on-track and establishing action items and owners
- 3+ years Program Management or Project Management or relevant experience in a cross-functional (pm, design & engineering) product driven organization or design agency
- Track record of managing and shipping impactful design initiatives in a large digital product org
- Knowledge of and experience working with design teams
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Competent with JIRA, Asana or equivalent. Must be able to manage a ticket queue
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Grace, with a cool, collected demeanor in the face of complex org
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture