Back to all openings
Fandom powered by Wikia is the world’s largest entertainment fan site. As the fan's voice in entertainment, it's where you can find and share news, commentary, stories, and knowledge on your favorite shows, movies, games and more. Launched in 2006, Fandom currently boasts 360,000+ fan communities and a global audience of over 190 million monthly uniques and growing.
About your role:
As a part of the Ad Operations team, the Account Manager will maximize the value of direct-sold online advertising campaigns through strategic and best in class operational support in both a pre and post sales capacity.
This is a highly visible, client facing position which requires ad operations experience, an ability to build trust with partners, drive seamless executions, achieve campaign objectives and maximize revenue. The ideal candidate will be passionate about digital advertising, exceptional at client service and have strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to identify and prioritize critical issues.
As a primary post-sale point of contact for campaign execution and optimization, the position is ultimately responsible for representing client needs and goals to ensure optimal performance and client satisfaction.
- Partner with sales to understand client objectives, strategies and goals; provide guidance on product selection, inventory, pricing and internal requirements
- Participate in client campaign kick-off calls to outline creative asset/ad tracking requirements and deliverables
- Ensure seamless campaign execution and drive towards client’s KPIs and delivery
- Prepare reports and analyze ad performance relative to campaign objectives; provide optimization recommendations (creative execution & strategy, placement evaluation, day-parting, frequency capping, etc.) to increase performance for client
- Build wrap-up analysis, leveraging various sets of performance data and metrics
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of ad products and relevant specs, guidelines and business rules; manage asset delivery timelines (SLAs)
- Educate sales and clients to evangelize Fandom and our offerings
- Liaise with sales, sales dev, design, product, ad eng and marketing regarding planning and prioritization to assist in campaign execution
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and agencies; deliver best in class service to meet and exceed client expectations
- Manage monthly billing reconciliation process with sales planners and finance
- Be fully informed about current industry trends and technologies
- 2+ years trafficking experience with one or more ad servers (e.g., Google/DoubleClick, etc.) required
- Minimum 2 years client facing experience (Client Services, Sales/Planning or Account/Project Management)
- Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent client service and verbal and written communication skills with both internal colleagues and external clients
- Knowledge of online advertising industry, trends, technologies, pricing models and ad campaign metrics; CPM, CPC, and CPA
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, sharing knowledge across the company
- Experience working with viewability vendors, 3rd party and/or rich media ad serving systems and data management platforms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with extensive knowledge of Excel
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture