Back to all openings
Fandom powered by Wikia is the world’s largest entertainment fan site. As the fan's voice in entertainment, it's where you can find and share news, commentary, stories, and knowledge on your favorite shows, movies, games and more. Launched in 2006, Fandom currently boasts 360,000+ fan communities and a global audience of over 190 million monthly uniques and growing.
About your role:
This is a Director level position responsible for all of the company’s financial and administration operations. As a member of the management team, this position will help shape the company’s overall vision and business plans, and assist the rest of the management team in any way to ensure that the company successfully executes its plans. Provide overall leadership in Financial matters, including budgeting, planning, systems integration and reporting. Wikia should be viewed by our investors, customers, and employees as having finance & reporting operations that are streamlined and high-quality
- Maintain the General Ledger for all entities both Domestic and International
- Perform monthly closing process
- Establish and maintain a journal entry control system
- Analyze and reconcile monthly general ledger accounts to supporting documentation
- Establish a system and process that will insure timely accurate financial reporting
- Prepare the monthly department, division and consolidated financial statements providing comparative analysis to plan
- Meet with and review all financial reports with the various department heads
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger – identifying those assets owned by the company and those collateralized by lease lines and other bank financing
- Budgeting & Planning: Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Treasury: Maintain the cash records for the company, reconcile all cash accounts with bank provided information, including credit card transactions with reports from those agencies.
- Revenue – Insure timely billing and invoicing of all revenue and proper accounting treatment as per the company policy on revenue recognition.
- Contracts management – Review all contracts with customers and vendors. Insure consistency and compliance with company policies.
- Collections – Monitor and maintain all subsidiary ledgers for customer activities and insure timely collection
- Reporting and tax compliance: Insure timely reporting of monthly financial information for the executive staff and the Board of Directors. Insure timely reporting of all taxes with the appropriate authorities.
- 4+ years of related experience
- At least 2 years as a Controller or assistant Controller in a media/high-tech company
- BS required, CPA preferred
- Proven management skills
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
- Ability to see the big picture and anticipate business issues
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers, including software license agreements, purchase agreements, and other business agreements
- A hard-working, creative, self-starter that is results oriented and dependable
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- Gym Membership or Extra Health Care or Cafeteria Program Options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture