Back to all openings
Director of Social Media
Fandom powered by Wikia is the world’s largest entertainment fan site. As the fan's voice in entertainment, it's where you can find and share news, commentary, stories, and knowledge on your favorite shows, movies, games and more. Launched in 2006, Fandom currently boasts 360,000+ fan communities and a global audience of over 190 million monthly uniques and growing.
About your role:
Fandom is looking for a Director of Social Media with a creative mind, an understanding of social site mechanics, and a keen eye for metrics based learnings. As part of the Content team, the Director of Social Media will be primarily responsible for the social strategy across all platforms as well as reviewing and editing all content generated for social to ensure content engagement standards are met. This role will also build larger social campaigns, integrating with sales and our editorial staff and be the point person on all reports and metrics for the social team.
Weekly Responsibilities Include:
- Presenting weekly metrics decks and content reviews.
- Working closely with marketing teams to improve posts for social consumption -- providing examples through numbers based learnings, assuring adherence to Fandom style guide, as well as roadmapping upcoming trending topics and hashtags.
- Identifying and flagging upcoming opportunities with Sales, Events and PR to leverage social clout.
- Creating social ad campaigns that utilize best in class digital advertising techniques
- Keeping up to date with latest social capabilities, and trending topics
- Maintaining relationships with key industry partners
- Working occasionally on nights and weekends, and traveling for event coverage.
- 7+ years of marketing related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in social content creation and curation
- Extremely passionate about the entertainment vertical (video games, tv, movies)
- Has a great personal social voice and following
- Knowledge of how best to grow social audiences on all platforms
- Have a great sense of trends and content that resonates with fans
- Loves learning, teaching themselves new skills, and very curious
- Is very data driven (loves numbers, loves growing metrics, knows GA)
- Established relationships with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge and appreciation of SEO best practices
- A passion for all things internet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and works well across departments
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- Gym Membership or Extra Health Care or Cafeteria Program Options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture