About your role:
FANDOM is seeking a Design Lead for our Mobile Apps who will push boundaries, influence product and design strategy, and make a strong impact on our product execution and quality. We also want teammates that care deeply about building communities, have their own pop culture fandoms that they’re passionate about, and want to work collaboratively as part of a larger design team.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to zoom out, think big, and break new ground. You care just as much about how a product should work and behave, as how it should look. You’ve shipped at least 2-3 larger mobile apps across iOS and Android, and you feel comfortable building prototypes that demonstrate the finer details in transitions, animations, and complex interactions. Ideally you’ve worked as a lead before, helping drive the goals, rationale and cohesion of projects working alongside other designers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design for FANDOM’s entire suite of native mobile products across iOS and Android from concept through launch and iterations
- Collaborate with designers focused on our web experiences to ensure brand and user experience cohesion across our entire product portfolio
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by conducting and analyzing user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to define the product and user experience strategy
- Push the visual and interaction design of FANDOM forward and help maintain its consistency by designing and documenting visual systems and style guides
- Take an active role in refining how our Design team works, shaping the culture, and actively help recruit and improve our design hiring process
- Work closely with a team of mobile designers to ensure that individual designers have clear goals and the support they need to do their best work
- Highly experienced in mobile product design with 5+ years product design experience
- A team player and have a strong a desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across UX and Brand design.
- Great at communicating to designers and non-designers alike. You’re able to effectively articulate your design decisions and what problems you’re solving
- At ease designing for both Android and iOS. You’ve shipped multiple products across both platforms. Bonus points for community, social, or media based platforms.
- Experienced and comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping and user testing
- Equally comfortable working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level and you think in terms of design systems
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- Self-driven and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
Check out what you'd be working on! Download and try out the FANDOM App (and let us know what you think!):
And download our community apps on Android:
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of over 180 million monthly uniques and represents more than 385,000 communities.