About your role:
As part of the video team, the Senior Video Producer will play a significant role in helping to create unique Editorial video content for FANDOM. Aside from having advanced experience in operating professional camera gear and editing, it is necessary for the senior video producer to show strong narrative sensibilities, know how to manage projects and crews. Additionally, applicants who have extensive experience working for digital media companies, creating shows, and working with an editorial team.
The FANDOM video team is still in its infancy with a long term goal for growth and development. We are looking for people that can impact the team in various ways. We are seeking people who can be leaders, but are still willing to learn. This position will be key part of FANDOM growing daily coverage of our entertainment and gaming verticals, and will be based in our San Francisco office.
In this role you will:
- Work with Fandom Editorial teams in contributing new and creative ideas for video content on FANDOM’’s main site and it’s syndicated channels (YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Work with FANDOM’s Social Team to create content for it’s various social channels
- Work with editorial team writing scripts for a specific show(s) and growing their on camera presence
- Be the video representative for the editorial team to discuss potential video projects and ideal production workflows
- Cover a variety of conventions and entertainment events
- Coordinate with studio/agency/publisher contacts to attend press events and conduct interviews with talent/creatives
- Maintain expert-level status by staying up on current entertainment news (movies, TV, games, etc.)
- 5-7 years minimum production experience or working at a digital media company
- Broad understanding of video cameras, video editing software, media codecs, streaming technology, and extensive motion graphics experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Knowledge in latest production and post production hardware
- Experience managing projects including freelancers, budgets and strict deadlines
- The ability to quickly identify key-video opportunities for FANDOM’s audience that can be produced effectively and efficiently
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience producing, shooting, and editing various video features on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Experience looking at performance metrics and working towards KPIs
- A proven track record of launching successful shows, bonus for editorial content
- Passion for pop culture and love of cinema, knowledge of movies, TV, comics and video games
Please be sure to include sample materials that you have produced and/or edited in the required "website" field. Presentation matters! Additional materials may be provided in your resume or cover letter.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.