FANDOM is looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join our Product & Innovation team. You will join the product-focused side of our team to guide the product roadmap by deriving meaningful insights from the wealth of data we have (user, clickstream, product, content, etc.). You must relish testing multiple hypotheses against the data, have strong critical opinions about next actions and crisply communicate your findings to your team. You will enjoy being the analytics expert your team can count on and seeing your work rapidly feed back into the evolution of the product.
The role requires someone with the ability to effectively lead projects, interact directly with product owners and engineers, and perform very hands-on technical analysis work. Some examples of the projects you’ll provide solutions for:
- Work with the Data Engineering and Product Managers as a key stakeholder in data and analysis projects, and provide data-driven guidance in the planning and prioritization of new features/enhancements for the FANDOM Platform, mobile apps and data products.
- Provide input and forward-looking guidance on how feature level data gathered and generated by applications could be used in reporting and analysis products, and
- Work with Product managers to plan and analyse A/B tests for new experimental features, generate and size opportunities to prioritize features, and define key performance metrics for the team.
- Develop insights which deepen our understanding of customer behavior by combining clickstream data with customer attributes and actions to identify marketing, product and content opportunities, and to help define and optimize how we measure and value customer engagement.
- Help monitor product and feature launches to determine and identify factors that may be influencing the success or failure of the launch and based on findings, recommend product changes.
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Data Science. Advanced degrees (e.g. Masters in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field) preferred.
- 3+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or experience in a similar role; preferably with an Internet-based company.
- Experience with web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics) and analyzing online customer behavior.
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases and have working knowledge with major relational databases (i.e. MySQL, Postgresql etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to explain technical concepts / analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including executives, and be able to translate objectives into actionable insights.
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends. Applied knowledge of measurement and statistics.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Bonus if you have...
- Functional knowledge of one or more of the following big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Redshift or BigQuery)
- Experience in applying Statistical models using SAS, R, or Python.
- Experience with Python, Java, Ruby or other relevant programming language(s).
- Experience in developing a simple Machine Learning model from concept to deployment.
Benefits & Perks
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.