FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of over 200 million monthly uniques and represents more than 400,000 communities.
About your role
As the newest member of the fandom.com engineering team, you’ll be integral to building the future success of this site by developing the services, interfaces, and tools that bring the best fan-oriented news to our users.
- Understand the needs of our users - both internal and external - and translate those needs to scalable solutions
- Build and maintain user-facing features for one of the largest websites in the world
- Expand and improve the team’s back-end Java service and SOA capabilities
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or have equivalent experience
- A senior-level developer with 5+ years in a production environment
- Full-stack, with significant back-end expertise
- Experienced with:
- ...building modern Java services, preferably within an SOA
- ...designing performant, scalable SQL schema and queries
- Of the mind that automated testing is a necessity, not a nice-to-have
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with any or all of the following:
- Prefer test-driven development (TDD) and understand the real point of code coverage
- Have experience working on Scrum teams
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture