About your role:
FANDOM is seeking a talented and curiosity-driven individual to lead our User Experience Research efforts. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who’s interested in establishing and leading a UXR function to better understand the needs, behaviors, and desires of pop culture fans worldwide. The ideal candidate has experience supporting or leading research needs for products and platforms with high user contribution and engagement. Extra points for research experience touching on collaborative software and online communities.
You will work closely with our VP of Design, Head of Product as well as a team of product designers, product managers, and product analysts to establish an overall UXR function and vision at FANDOM. You should be interested in the intersection of pop culture and online communities, with a desire to learn more about what drives participatory experiences online.
- Establish a research vision, set of standards and methodologies for FANDOM to support both long-term strategic research as well as short-term tactical research and testing.
- Scale research throughout the organization by training cross-functional leads (PMs, Design and Engineering Leads) on foundational research and testing methodologies.
- Hire, guide and mentor a 1 full-time UXR and 1 UXR intern to support research throughout the business.
- Partner with our product analysts and analytics partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations to drive product and design improvements for users.
- Establish a culture of research and curiosity. Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize the insights throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
- Increase productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the UX Research team and cross-functional teams.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
- 6+ years experience conducting research within product organizations
- Experience conducting a wide breadth of user research techniques across profiling, participatory, inquiry, testing, and inspection methodologies.
- Proven experience working with key company stakeholders, with the ability to educate teams about user research
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining UX Research team members
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.