About your role:
You will be the manager of an established Community Development team that creates content alone or in collaboration with our Games communities. This team of video game enthusiasts creates articles and blog posts in the voice of our communities and nurtures activity, engagement, and growth in new Games communities on FANDOM.
In addition to the above, this team supports our Sales, Marketing and Editorial teams through custom content and partnerships – you can expect to work directly with these people too.
You will be expected to do this every day:
- Utilize your passion for video games to help us create standout content about the next Triple-A release or indie sensation -- and everything in between.
- Use trend research and knowledge to ideate and assign wiki content that puts FANDOM at the center of the conversation
- Set high-level strategy for the team and provide coaching and feedback.
- Prepare and present traffic, engagement, and rankings data to the Content teams and stakeholders
- Manage team activities in FANDOM’s task management tools
- Work both independently and with a remote team
- A video game expert with broad games experience
- Able to adapt to change
- Collaborative and able to manage your priorities with skill
- Able to learn (if you don’t already know) wikitext
- An experienced small team manager
Bonus points if you...
- Love watching team members grow and take on new challenges
- Are capable of juggling multiple priorities and have a knack for sussing out the right order of things to meet business needs
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.