About your role:
The Content Programmer is responsible for curating engaging gaming content on our mobile app and desktop website, working closely with our creative teams to program and package FANDOM content according to strategic guidelines. This involves making real-time programming decisions (no pressure!). Examples include scheduling content drops; creating custom copy for content headings, push notifications and alerts.
- Possessing entry-level (1+ years) experience in writing/editing, or a related field.
- Possessing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A gaming fanatic with a strong understanding of the gaming community, particularly around AAA titles.
- Tech savvy. It’s important that the candidate is well versed in the world of Internet consumption.
- Already active on Twitter and Instagram, major entertainment sites, and other social aggregation tools as an active contributor/consumer of gaming news.
- In the know about current and emerging entertainment networks.
- Experienced or eager to learn more about content strategy and optimization (ex: SEO), content marketing and/or content creation (editorial/copy)
Bonus points if you...
- Have editing skills/experience; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is crucial.
- Have solid photoshop skills
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- Gym Membership or Extra Health Care or Cafeteria Program Options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.