About your role:
Reporting directly to the Editor in Chief, the Managing Editor will serve as the operational leader for all video games coverage FANDOM, supervising the day-to-day editorial operations. This person serves as the point of contact for the Video, Community, and Sales Development teams. Your duties as Managing Editor, Games include:
- Create and manage long-term and short-term content plans around upcoming game launches.
- Assign coverage/features to games editors, matching their expertise with titles.
- Maintain curatorial balance on Fandom home page, checking for mainstream appeal, focus on key fandoms, and even coverage of topics.
- Ensure editorial quality and strict adherence to Fandom’s editorial voice.
- Manage editorial calendar.
- Lead daily morning editorial stand-up meeting.
- Lead weekly editorial planning meeting.
- Work closely with Com Dev team to ensure success of assigned tasks -- review work, provide feedback, etc.
- Work closely with Video team to brainstorm and maintain a schedule of editorial video features.
- Work with Design on page layout and visual support requirements for editorial and fan programming initiatives.
- Work with Social team for content promotional plans.
- Utilize analytic tools to track and optimize content and marketing programs.
- Curate and edit content written by peers and fan contributors.
- Write editorial features and video scripts; host/narrate video features.
- Cover conventions and entertainment events.
- 7+ years of experience creating gaming & entertainment editorial content.
- 3+ years managing teams, both in-house and remote
- Strong connections within the gaming industry (studios, creators, other journalists)
- Passion for pop culture entertainment (in all its forms) a must!
- Video creation experience -- working in front of the camera or behind a mic -- is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and commitment to adhering to AP Style.
- Experience with image editing applications.
- Experience with Web analytics tools.
- Familiarity with Asana issue-tracking system.
- Experience with HTML and working knowledge of wiki text editing.
Bonus points if you...
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.