Death Note is the dark and disturbing manga that became an anime and then a series of Japanese movies and games. And now the twisted tale is heading to Netflix, with Blair Witch helmer Adam Wingard directing, and the synopsis as follows…
Based on the famous Japanese manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, Death Note follows a high school student who comes across a supernatural notebook, realizing it holds within it a great power; if the owner inscribes someone’s name into it while picturing their face, he or she will die. Intoxicated with his new godlike abilities, the young man begins to kill those he deems unworthy of life.
But you don’t want to see Death Note on the small screen – you want to watch it on the biggest screen possible, and that’s where we come in. FANDOM is sponsoring the UK premiere of Death Note at FrightFest in London next month, and we’ve got three pairs of tickets to give away to the movie.
Date: Thursday, 24th August
Venue: Cineworld Leicester Square (Arrow Video Screen), 5-6 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7NA
To get your hands on a pair of tickets, all you need to do is fill in the online form below with your details. Tickets will be allocated at random to lucky prize-draw entrants after the closing date.
Note: Entrants must be aged 18+ and live in the UK. Travel to the screening is not included.
Official Rules for the Death Note Screening Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Promotion Description.
The Death Note Screening Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is a promotion where individuals who submit their email address in the Google form provided will be eligible to be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Entries completed from 12:01 GMT on July 26, 2017 to 23:59 GMT on August 13, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”) will be eligible to win one (1) grand prize.
Three (3) grand prize winners will win the following:
The Grand Prize: One (1) pair of tickets to a screening of Death Note – winner and their guest must be aged 18 or over.
For the avoidance of doubt, travel to and from the Screenings will not be provided.
3. How To Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Promotion by submitting your information via the Google form provided on the Promotion page. Only Entries received within the Promotion Period will be accepted. Any entries submitted before the Promotion opens and/or closes (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Promotion.
4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 18 years of age or older and must live in the United Kingdom. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents of Wikia, its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of its immediate families (defined as children, parents, siblings or spouses) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. To participate, entrants must: 1) have a computer, 2) have Internet access; 3) submit an Entry; and 4) meet the eligibility requirements in this paragraph 4.
5. Identity of Entrants; Limitations on Entries. The authorized account holder of the email address used on the free email entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address. Potential winners may be required to show proof that they are the authorized account holder or the entrant. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of one entry per person is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries will be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion.
6. How You Win. The winners will be selected in a random drawing between the end of the Promotion Period and 23:59 (GMT) on August 20, 2017, from among all eligible Entries received. Each entrant’s chances of winning are dependent upon the number of Entries received. Wikia’s decisions are final in all matters related to the Promotion.
7. Notification. Wikia will notify winners by email at the address provided within three (3) days following selection of each winner as per paragraph 6, above. Wikia is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for reasons including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account or physical address. The winner must then respond to Wikia within forty-eight (48) hours of notification by Wikia. Should the winner fail to respond to Wikia or be disqualified, Wikia reserves the right to select a new, replacement winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. By participating, you agree to Wikia’s inclusion of your name, and the city or town and country of your residence on such list if you are a winner.
8. Publicity Release. Each winner may be required to sign a release of eligibility, liability waiver and publicity release that will allow Wikia to use the winner’s name, photography, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes related to this Promotion without further compensation where permitted by law. By entering the Promotion or accepting any prize, each entrant consents to use of his or her name, likeness and any statements, quotes or testimonials for publicity, advertising and other promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these Rules, the terms and conditions of Wikia, and any decision Wikia makes regarding this Promotion. Wikia reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Wikia, and to take such other action as may be appropriate, any entrant or winner who, in Wikia’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Wikia’s web site, the entry process, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. Behaviour: Winners (and their guests) must not engage in any inappropriate, illegal, dangerous and/or immoral behaviour, must not use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants, chemical substances and/or any illegal drugs and must not act in any other manner that may bring the host of the Screenings into disrepute (“Inappropriate Behaviour”). If a winner and/or any guest engage in any Inappropriate Behaviour, Wikia reserves the right to deem the Grand Prize forfeited and Wikia will not liable in any way for the consequences of any Inappropriate Behaviour, including without limitation any costs and/or expenses incurred by a winner and their guest as a result of the Inappropriate Behaviour and the forfeiting of the Grand Prize in whole or in part.
11. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. WIKIA MAKES AND GIVES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WIKIA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM, ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION OUTSIDE WIKIA’S REASONABLE CONTROL THAT MAY AFFECT THE PROMOTION OR CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR CORRUPTED, INCLUDING: (I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; AND (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION. WIKIA RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.
12. Release. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS WIKIA AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PRODUCER/ DISTRIBUTOR OF THE BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SERIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION.
14. Governing Law. These Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of England and Wales and Wikia and all entrants to the Promotion submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
15. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Wikia Inc., 360 3rd St #750, San Francisco, CA 94107 (“Wikia”). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to email@example.com. FrightFest is not a sponsor or administrator of this Promotion.
16. Rights Of Third Parties: These terms do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).