Voltron Legendary Defender Season 3 is happening! The fan-favorite animated series is officially returning for a third season later this year on Netflix. The cast and producers announced the news at the show’s WonderCon on Saturday.
Voltron fans in attendance were treated to an in-depth discussion of the second season with producers Joaquim Dos Santos and Lauren Montgomery, along with story editor Tim Hedrick. The Voltron cast, of course, was there, too. Jeremy Shada (Lance), Josh Keaton (Shiro), Tyler Labine (Hunk), Bex Taylor-Klaus (Pidge), and Kimberly Brooks (Allura) all took the stage.
Highlights from the Voltron Legendary Defender WonderCon 2017 Panel:
- As a con tradition, Tim Hedrick excitedly handed out original story cards to each audience member who asked a question.
- Bex shared her favorite Pidge line with the audience: "we’re all interconnected with cosmic dust," and explained how much she loves that her superpower is what her character hated the most.
- Tyler offered some insight into Hunk’s character explaining that "his instinct is to trust in the good things, but he’s often mistaken.”
- After Joaquim confirmed that season three is coming later this year, a fan thanked both him and Lauren for keeping action cartoons alive. Joaquim said, “the fans are the quintessence of the show!” Lauren said that she’s “grateful that fans of the original have been open and accepting of Voltron Legendary Defender."
- The audience got a taste of "a real life Hunk” when a cosplayer that majored in engineering and minored in culinary arts offered Tyler a cinnamon roll. (He gladly accepted!!)
- Fans erupted in screams once Prince Lotor's voice was finally revealed. Jeremy admitted that, "Prince Lotor’s voice is very soothing….even dreamy."
As if the confirmation of Season 3 wasn't enough for fans to go wild, also announced was a brand-new five-issue mini-series from Lion Forge Comics, a special Facebook live event with Bex Taylor-Klaus to celebrate Pidge’s birthday on Monday, April 3rd and a Voltron Sticker Pack available for free on the app store through 4/1.