The joke that ran its course three films ago is back again, and this time a ton of people who are questionably still famous are joining the cast as food! Get ready to hate-watch yet another Sharknado film on August 6.
Officially titled Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, the fifth installment in The Asylum’s most absurd film series promises to “Make America Bait Again.” According to SyFy, “the mission gets personal for Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid) when their young son gets trapped in a traveling ‘nado and transported all over the world. From London to Rio, Tokyo, Rome, Amsterdam and beyond, our globetrotting heroes will seek assistance from a highly-skilled squad of royals, scholars and Olympians, enlisting famous faces from news, entertainment, and sports in their most epic battle yet.”
You know, we’re actually impressed that a movie this absurd has managed to get progressively crazier for four sequels. Kudos to the writers.
Check out the list of cameos (most of whom we really hope get a bloody end):
Fabio (Model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (Professional skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist
- Clay Aiken (Musician) as Llewelyn, a cutting edge technology genius
- Olivia Newton-John (Musician) and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado
- Bret Michaels (Musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm
- Margaret Cho (Comedian) as a fussy bride whose honeymoon is interrupted by sharks
- Charo (Musician, Comedian) as The Queen of England
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald
- “Today” hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb as themselves
- Olympic diving medalists Greg Louganis as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley as himself
- Olympic freeskiing medalist Gus Kenworthy and NBC News investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen as themselves
- Porsha Williams (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) as Andromeda, an archeologist and member of the elite “Sharknado Sisterhood”
- Tiffany “New York” Pollard (“Flavor of Love”) as Vega, a Brazilian black market artifacts dealer
- Chris Kattan (“Saturday Night Live”) as The Prime Minister of England
- Cat Greenleaf (“Talk Stoop”) and Dan Fogler (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them“) as themselves
- Ross Mullan (“Game of Thrones” White Walker) as Dr. Wobbegon, a scientist who has made breakthroughs in meteorological studies to track Sharknado storms
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming premieres August 6, 2017 on SyFy.