Today marks the release of Crystal Dynamics’ Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration exclusively for PlayStation 4. The sequel to the reboot of the Tomb Raider series, the action-adventure game has sold over one million copies to date between the PC and Xbox One versions. It has won numerous awards, including best game, outstanding writing, excellence in animation, and most enduring character for Lara Croft. PS4 players have had to wait an extra year almost over their Xbox One counterparts, but the release of this 20 Year Celebration edition is worth it. Here is a breakdown of all of the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration new content, exclusives and other special features included with the PS4 version of the game.
All existing DLC and game content from the Xbox One and PC versions are included with the 20 Year Celebration:
- Endurance Mode: attempt to survive in the wilderness while hunting artifacts; the environment becomes more dangerous with each passing day
- Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch: a disturbance in a Soviet mining camp leads to confronting the Baba Yaga in the Wicked Vale
- Cold Darkness Awakened: destroy a weapons research facility before its gas overtakes the populace and turns them into savages
- 12 outfits
- 7 weapons
- 35 expedition cards
There’s a host of new content available for all players, regardless of platform, though VR is PS4-exclusive. Xbox and PC players will need to own the season pass to access the following new content:
- Blood Ties Single Player Story: Lara’s uncle is set on claiming her childhood home after her father’s death
- Blood Ties Nightmare: Fight off waves of undead creatures at Croft Manor; Compete against other players and create challenges
- Co-Op Endurance Mode: An extension of the single-player Endurance Mode. This time, you and a friend will both have to survive.
- 5 classic Lara Croft skins
- Reimagined Antarctica skin and gun from Tomb Raider III
- Extreme Survivor difficulty setting: Severely limits save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health
- PlayStation VR support
For more information about the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration new content and exclusives, or anything related to Tomb Raider or Lara Croft, visit the Lara Croft wiki!