Netflix and DreamWorks Animation announced today that Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2 will hit the streaming service on January 20, 2017.
Voltron fans at New York Comic Con were the first to hear the news, and were treated to a sneak peek at the highly-anticipated second season with executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos, co-executive producer Lauren Montgomery, story editor Tim Hedrick and voice actors Jeremy Shada and Bex Taylor-Klaus on the NYCC Main Stage on Friday.
Here are some fast facts from the panel to hold you over until the show's return in January:
- Weird Al Yankovic will be a guest voice star in the second episode. It's unclear who he'll be voicing, but in this same episode, Lance and Hunk will be caught up in an adventure on an underwater planet.
- The scope of the series is much bigger this time around -- we'll see many more planets, aliens, and other glimpses of life around the Voltron universe.
- Shrio and Lance are in "big trouble."
- We'll learn more about Keith's history in the coming season.
- Pidge, not surprisingly, is still on a personal mission to find her family.
During a panel back at San Diego Comic-Con we learned that the new season will resume moments after the Season 1 finale cliffhanger -- Team Voltron, in the wake of Haggar‘s disruption of their wormhole, are now separated and scattered across the universe.
We'll learn all about what's going on with our beloved paladins when all episodes of Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2 hit Netflix on January 20, 2017.