2K and Firaxis Games have announced a collaboration with modding development team Long War Studios to develop a new series of mods for XCOM 2. Fans of the game should be very excited about this, as Long War Studios, composed of huge fans of the series who understand exactly what players want in their mods, is responsible for the Long War mod from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within. This mod was a hit, updating the game substantially by increasing its difficulty, adding missions, overhauling the mechanics, and more.
The team will release a total of five official mods for XCOM 2, starting with “Toolbox”, which is available now. This mod includes the following updates to the main game:
- Configurable camera rotation in tactical missions
- Damage variation
- Random stats for new soldiers
- Random stats on level-ups
- UI that shows soldier stats in various menus
- UI and other support for up to 12-soldier squads
- Red Fog (injuries affect stats)
All mods will be available for free via Steam Workshop. We can’t wait to see what Long War Studios has in store!