Calling all Buffy fans. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and to celebrate, Fandom has teamed up with Syfy UK to hold special sing-along screenings of episodes from the iconic show at venues in London, Manchester and Glasgow. And we have a bunch of tickets to give away.
We have 25 pairs up for grabs for the London fan event, and 10 pairs each for the Manchester and Glasgow screenings.
On the night, you’ll see two Buffy episodes. The first will be a sing-along screening of ‘Once More, with Feeling’, the Season 6 episode which was performed as a musical. The second will be the final episode, ‘Chosen’.
To get your hands on a pair of tickets, all you need to do is fill in the online form below with your details, stating which screening you’d like tickets for. Tickets will be allocated at random to lucky prize-draw entrants after the closing date.
Here are those screening details in full:
Date: Wednesday March 29, 2017
Venue: Prince Charles Cinema, 7 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7BY
Time: Arrivals from 6.30pm | Screening starts 7.30pm
Date: Tuesday April 4, 2017
Venue: Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose St, Glasgow G3 6RB
Time: Arrivals from 6.30pm | Screening starts 7.30pm
Date: Thursday April 6, 2017
Venue: AMC Manchester, 235 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4EN
Time: Arrivals from 6.30pm | Screening starts 7.30pm
If you remember tearing up at the moment when Buffy sends Angel to hell or yelping when Willow kills Warren, prepare to re-live those feelings again. Syfy UK’s ‘Best of Buffy Weekend’ will be showing some of the show’s best episodes on April 1 and 2 from 11am. You can also watch the entire series from the very first episode, starting April 3 on weekdays at 4pm.
Note: Entrants must be aged 18+ and live in the UK. Promotion closes March 24th 2017 at 11:59PM. Travel to the screening is not included.
Official Rules for the Buffy 20 Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Promotion Description.
The Buffy 20 Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is a promotion where individuals who submit their email address in the Google form provided will be eligible to be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Entries completed from 12:01 GMT on March 20, 2017 to 23:59 GMT on March 24 2017(the “Promotion Period”) will be eligible to win one (1) grand prize.
Forty-five (45) grand prize winners will win the following:
The Grand Prize: A pair of tickets to a ‘sing-a-long’ screening of Buffy The Vampire Slayer to celebrate Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s 20th anniversary – winner and their guest must be aged 18 or over. Screening dates, locations and ticket quantities shall be as follows (individually referred to as the “Screening” and collectively the “Screenings”):
• 25 pairs of tickets to a Screening located at the Prince Charles Cinema in London on 29 March 2017 from 18:30 (GMT) until 21:00 (GMT); and
• 10 pairs of tickets to a Screening located at the AMC Manchester in Manchester on 6 April 2017 from 18:30 (GMT) until 21:00 (GMT); and
• 10 pairs of tickets to a Screening located at the Glasgow Film Theatre in Glasgow on 04 April 2017 from 18:30 (GMT) until 21:00 (GMT).
For the avoidance of doubt, travel to and from the Screenings will not be provided.
3. How To Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Promotion by submitting your information via the Google form provided on the Promotion page. Only Entries received within the Promotion Period will be accepted. Any entries submitted before the Promotion opens and/or closes (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Promotion.
4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 18 years of age or older and must live in the United Kingdom. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents of Wikia or Sci-Fi Channel Europe LLC (“Sci-Fi”), their subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (defined as children, parents, siblings or spouses) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. To participate, entrants must: 1) have a computer, 2) have Internet access; 3) submit an Entry; and 4) meet the eligibility requirements in this paragraph 4.
5. Identity of Entrants; Limitations on Entries. The authorized account holder of the email address used on the free email entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the address. Potential winners may be required to show proof that they are the authorized account holder or the entrant. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of one entry per person is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries will be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion.
6. How You Win. The winners will be selected in a random drawing between the end of the Promotion Period and 23:59 (GMT) on March 25, 2017, from among all eligible Entries received. Each entrant’s chances of winning are dependent upon the number of Entries received. Wikia’s decisions are final in all matters related to the Promotion.
7. Notification. Wikia will notify winners by email at the address provided within three (3) days following selection of each winner as per paragraph 6, above. Wikia is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for reasons including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account or physical address. The winner must then respond to Wikia within forty-eight (48) hours of notification by Wikia. Should the winner fail to respond to Wikia or be disqualified, Wikia reserves the right to select a new, replacement winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. By participating, you agree to Wikia’s inclusion of your name, and the city or town and country of your residence on such list if you are a winner.
8. Publicity Release. Each winner may be required to sign a release of eligibility, liability waiver and publicity release that will allow Wikia to use the winner’s name, photography, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes related to this Promotion without further compensation where permitted by law. By entering the Promotion or accepting any prize, each entrant consents to use of his or her name, likeness and any statements, quotes or testimonials for publicity, advertising and other promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these Rules, the terms and conditions of Wikia, and any decision Wikia makes regarding this Promotion. Wikia reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Wikia, and to take such other action as may be appropriate, any entrant or winner who, in Wikia’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Wikia’s web site, the entry process, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. Behaviour: Winners (and their guests) must not engage in any inappropriate, illegal, dangerous and/or immoral behaviour, must not use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants, chemical substances and/or any illegal drugs and must not act in any other manner that may bring the host of the Screenings, Sci-Fi into disrepute (“Inappropriate Behaviour”). If a winner and/or any guest engage in any Inappropriate Behaviour, Wikia and Sci-Fi reserve the right to deem the Grand Prize forfeited and Wikia and Sci-Fi will not liable in any way for the consequences of any Inappropriate Behaviour, including without limitation any costs and/or expenses incurred by a winner and their guest as a result of the Inappropriate Behaviour and the forfeiting of the Grand Prize in whole or in part.
11. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. WIKIA MAKES AND GIVES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WIKIA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM, ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION OUTSIDE WIKIA’S REASONABLE CONTROL THAT MAY AFFECT THE PROMOTION OR CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR CORRUPTED, INCLUDING: (I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; AND (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION. WIKIA RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.
12. Release. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS WIKIA AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PRODUCER/ DISTRIBUTOR OF THE BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SERIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION.
14. Governing Law. These Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of England and Wales and Wikia and all entrants to the Promotion submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
15. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Wikia Inc., 360 3rd St #750, San Francisco, CA 94107 (“Wikia”). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sci-Fi is not a sponsor or administrator of this Promotion.
16. Rights Of Third Parties: These terms do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).