The second free content update for Tom Clancy’s The Division, titled “Conflict,” is now available for players on all systems. Highlights of the patch 1.2 update include a new Incursion mission for well-geared level 30 players, four new gear sets, new mission types, new ways to mess with other players in the PVP Dark Zones, new weekly assignments, more weapons, and a variety of gameplay and balancing changes.
Check out the trailer for the new Conflict pack below:
This latest free update follows April’s 1.1 “Incursion” update, which introduced endgame raids with the Falcon Lost mission. These free content updates are not to be confused with the three upcoming paid expansions — Underground, Survival, and Last Stand — that are included as part of the Season Pass.
The new changes should benefit all players, but seem to be focused on improving the endgame experience, which is something players have been clamoring for since shortly after the game’s release, and Ubisoft has acknowledged as an issue they were seeking to address. In a recent official livestream, project coordinator Quentin Correggi admitted, “We created that beautiful world that players really enjoyed exploring during the levelling experience, but it’s true that when you reach the end of the game, there is not much to do in the open world.”
The full version 1.2 patch notes can be found here. Here are the highlights:
• New Incursion – Clear Sky: This new Incursion takes players to the Columbus Circle area, where they face an overwhelming force of Rikers who are now in full control of the Manhattan airspace. Players need to team up to take back the area and secure the supply route.
• Search and Destroy Missions: Once all side missions and encounters have been completed in a named zone, Search and Destroy missions lead players to a group of enemies located in the open world.
• High Value Targets: After completing Search and Destroy missions, players are granted with valuable intel to hunt down new enemy leaders who have appeared all over Manhattan.
• Clear Sky introduces new top-of-the-line gear sets. Players will be able to try out these new powerful sets to match their gameplay style:
– Final Measure – Defensive set, enables players to defuse hostile grenades.
– Hunter’s Faith – Powerful long-range set, deals severe damages to enemies.
– Lone Star – Damage per second gear set, increases the ammo capacity.
– Predator’s Mark – Support set, enables players to fight enemies at range and increases damage.
• Hijack Extractions: Players now have the ability to interrupt an extraction by cutting the rope and attempt to acquire the fallen loot bags. This is not without risk, however, as this action will instantly mark them as Rogue.
• Sealed Caches: Sealed Caches can now be dropped by named enemies in the Dark Zone. The content of these caches remains mysterious until they are extracted and can include gear, Division Tech, and Dark Zone funds.
• Player Stashes: Player stashes are now available in every Dark Zone checkpoint.
• ISAC Assignments: These weekly assignments are now included in the map overview. Also with this update, weekly exclusive rewards will be introduced as well as free vanity items.