Destiny 2 is less than a week away but guardians can get the rundown on every new (and returning) piece of gear right now thanks to a leaked game guide.
Pages from a GameStop guide made their way onto Reddit detailing exotics, strikes, vendors, and more. The leaked images have since been taken down. This article contains gameplay spoilers so if you’d rather be surprised then stop reading now.
Still here? Okay, here we go. Right off the bat the leak answers one question many fans have been wondering: will the Gjallarhorn rocket launcher be making a comeback? The answer, for now, is no. While it isn’t listed in the leak, that doesn’t mean it couldn’t make it into the game at a later date.
Here’s a by the numbers breakdown of what the leak revealed:
There are 51 exotic items total, not including hidden exotics, i.e. ones you get from raids or missions.
There will be 18 exotic weapons, two of which will be returning from the first game. They are the Hard Light auto rifle and the MIDA Multi-Tool scout rifle. No word yet if these will still have the same abilities as in the first game but expect a slight redux at the very least.
- MIDA Multi-Tool
- Rat King
- Sweet Business
- Vigilance Wing
- Hard Light
- Fighting Lion
- Graviton Lance
- Skyburner’s Oath
- Legend of Acrius
- The Prospector
- Tractor Cannon
- The Wardcliff Coil
There are 11 exotic armors per class, so 33 in all. That breaks down to seven to eight new ones per class, with three to four returning from D1 per class.
More exotic armor than weapons will be making the jump from D1 to D2. Here’s a breakdown on every piece of legacy gear making a comeback. It’s unclear if they’ll be retooled in any way, so for now we’ve included their D1 abilities.
- Skull of Dire Ahamkara – You take reduced damage while using your Nova Bomb.
- The Crest of Alpha Lupi – Revive fallen teammates and be revived faster. Supers generate an extra Orb.
- Lucky Raspberry – Arcbolt Grenade chains further. Spawn with full grenade energy.
- Insurmountable Skullfort – Kills with Storm Fist immediately trigger health regeneration. Respawn with full melee energy. Gain a second melee charge.
- Kuncklehead Radar helmet – Radar remains visible while aiming Primary Weapons.
- Dunemarcher – Increased sprint speed, increased movement speed while aiming your weapon, and tighter turn radius while sprinting.
- Young Ahamkara’s Spine – Increased Tripmine Grenade duration and gain an additional Tripmine Grenade charge.
- Celestial Nighthawk (helmet) – Golden Gun fires one shot, delivering 6x damage, while granting Keyhole for over-penetration.
- Starfire Protocol – Gain an additional Fusion Grenade.
- Transversive Steps – Gain faster movement speed while crouching. Picking up ammo automatically reloads the weapon matching that ammo’s type.
- ACD/0 Feedback Fence – Taking damage from a melee attack deals damage in an area around you.
Here’s a breakdown on all the new armor by class:
- Foetracer (helmet) – Marks targeted enemies.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves (gloves) – no details.
- The Dragon’s Shadow (chest) – Enhanced movement speed and weapon handling for a short duration after dodging.
- Raiden Flux (chest) – Land a series of strikes with the arc staff and each hit will increase the damage dealt as well as the duration.
- Lucky Pants (boots) – Improves hand-cannon readiness and initial bullet accuracy.
- Orpheus Rig (boots) – Gives you ability energy for every enemy anchored by your shadowbolt.
- ST0MP-EE5 (boots) – Increases sprint speed, slide distance and jump height.
- Crown of Tempests (helmet) – Arc kills increase your arc ability recharge rate.
- Eye of Another World (helmet) – Highlights targets on your HUD and improves grenade, melee, and rift ability cooldowns.
- Nezarec’s Sin (helmet) – Void damage kills give you ability energy.
- Karnstein Armlets (gloves) – No details.
- Sunbracers (gloves) – No details. Expect solar-damage to factor in somehow.
- Winter’s Guile (gloves) – no details.
- Wings of Sacred Dawn (chest) – Aiming down the sights while jumping will suspend you in the air. Kills while airborne improve grenade cooldowns.
- Lunafaction Boots (boots) – No details.
- Mask of the Quiet One (helmet) – Gain ability energy when you take damage, regain health when dealing void damage.
- Doom Fang Pauldron (gloves) – Melee kills with the shield recharge your shield throw and your Sentinel Shield super.
- Synthocepts (gloves) – Increased lunge range. Improved damage when surrounded by enemies.
- Actium War Rig (chest) – Will automatically reload your auto-rifle from your reserve of ammo as you fire.
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (chest) – Get an extra orb of light from supers and a healing pulse when your barricade is active.
- Hallowfire Heart (chest) – Recharge rate of solar abilities is increased when Hammer of Sol is fully charged.
- Lion Rampant (boots) – You’re more maneuverable when airborne.
- Peacekeepers (boots) – Reloads your sub machine gun when it’s not equipped and allows for instant readying when you swap to it.
The leak also revealed how many strikes will be included in the game at launch as well as their names. They are: The Pyramidion, The Inverted Spire, Exodus Crash, The Arms Dealer, and Savathun’s Song. An additional strike, Lake of Shadows, is exclusive to PS4 players at launch. Each strike will reward players with unique strike loot and rare loot.
There will be 17 campaign missions with, according to Bungie, 50 cutscenes. This is a huge increase over the original Destiny.
There will also be around 30 secondary missions. This seems to back up the promises made by Bungie to give players more to do than just patrol and farm public events.
There will also be story missions unique to each planet called World Quests. These add an additional 16 missions to the game and have full storylines. They’ll unlock once you complete the main campaign.
The leak doesn’t cover hidden or secret missions but the chatter on Reddit suggest there are keys players can find that will unlock new missions.
That just about covers the main meat of the leak, what follows are other interesting tidbits.
- The Nightstalker subclass is in the game.
- The Tower will be rebuilt. Or one that wasn’t destroyed will become the new home of the guardians.
- Xur will make a comeback, presumably on weekends to sell exotic items.
The Destiny 2 release date is September 6, 2017. Learn more about the game in FANDOM’s Destiny community.